Tyinholmen is the best starting point for families with children. Here you will find an open mountain landscape with many hiking options for the youngest. Here are some suggestions:
- Sukkenes bro - Large rock over the stream from Sløtafjellet (2,5 km, quite a climb
- Store steinen - on the road up to Utsikten på Skjeneggen (1,5 km, some ascent)
- Trip to Eidsbugarden and Fondsbu - 3 km from Tyinholmen
- Trip to Utsikten på Skjeneggen (2,5 km, big climb) - Experience a peak panorama like no other, here you can study a summit board with the names and height of many of the peaks in Jotunheimen
- The nature trail on Tyinholmen. A nature trail with 14 posts has been laid out in the area around Tyinholmen. Fun challenges for young and old!
It is popular to fish in Andedammen (just below Tyinholmen) - There is a lot of fish here, we can almost guarantee a trout on the hook!